Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Little Red Composition Book

To all of my virtual followers, I felt that the best way to conclude this trip was an authentic blog that speaks more than my facebook status. As I was showering, I had a thought that my blog was currently only a one hit wonder and that was not up to my standards.

As some of you know, this short, but sweet spring break trip was a spontaneous last minute decision. They say "third times a charm," and I usually say, bull shit...but this was my third attempt at making spring break plans. Prior to the planning phase that lasted through one wretched public health lecture, the four of us had been talking about taking some elaborate trip for months, but it just never seemed that we'd make it work because Uncle Sam and the US Navy are calling for me after graduation. Amy called me one night and said, "we're going on spring break and we're getting shitty." You couldnt get down on one knee and say something more near and dear to my heart. Naturally the other two girls got on board after Amy and I made the commitment. The planning phase: Where in Florida can we go that is cheap but is not Panama City Beach? Daytona, done. Yep, this hotel is trashy and cheap enough, booked.

After driving 14 hours through the night, backtracking for one hour because I didn't like the route we were traveling, 4 tanks of gas, a bag of carrots and celery and about as much Lady Gaga as I could fit in, we arrived at our final luxurious destination: Daytona Beach, Florida. We checked into our hotel at 1:00 pm, popped a bottle of high class Cook's bubbly by 1:05 and literally went down to the pool deck drunk by 1:30 pm. 14 hours later, we had met our match, Mike the Cab Driver. When Mike picked us up from our hotel on our final night out he stated "yeah they called and said Mike, you have a personal at DBR." Sounds like a true spring break themed statement, but it was just our cab driver gloating over the four hot bitches he picked up three nights in a row. Speaking of spring break statements, these Floridians didn't understand my humor when I was standing in line one night and said who do I need to take out back and b**w to get into this bar faster? The guy directly behind me said, I cannot believe she just said that, most of you would say, I can.

Four short nights and we've documented all our best statements and stories in a small red composition book. A small souvenir that will forever hold hysterical memories. Each morning we awakened to a different girl in the group giggling in her bed with a hilarious story, pieced back our night and made some red composition entries. Perhaps they wouldn't humor others as much as they have us, but its the type of memento that makes you smile on the outside while you feel some sort of sentiment and sadness within that it's all over. A trip that I couldn't have ever anticipated being this hilarious and relaxing, it succeeded all our expectations and alcoholic needs. It's times like these that we reflect on approaching our next phase of life, which all four of us are starting new incredible journeys soon and are thankful that we fit in this ridiculous trip. Although it's not our final rally, it's a memory that we'll share with those to come for many years. I've been waiting four years for that college moment that truly depicts the simple fun and friends that we're suppose to carry for years and I feel this trip concludes college well for me. So as we raise our glasses for our final toast of Spring Break 2010, we toast to eachother for the hilarious memories and the reason we know we won't let our children go on spring break. This is Amy, Kylie, Jamie and Abby signing out. Thanks for sharing our spring break with us.

P.S...A little taste of our composition book:
Kylie asks the boy we deemed "yellow shirt boy" to buy us drinks, it was free drinks for ladies all night.
Amy asks cab driver if he takes credit, no response..tires screech and he was gone.
Abby asks cab driver what his day job is, he told us he worked with reptiles and Amy drunkenly tells him that he really needs to get his tetanus and Hepatitis B vaccinations.
An employee came and yelled at us for being too loud, Abby got really pissed off when she realized he was wearing a transformers belt.

No comments:

Post a Comment